The Wire Gremlin is on the loose! And, we have a winner!

I wrote the other day about my Internet being down. The cable guy (bless his heart) got me all fixed up before the weekend. I at least got through the business email that afternoon and got my blog post done. Then we had friends stop over. Later that night I visited a few blogging friends from VGNO, then went to bed. Of course, I vowed to get to the rest in the morning....

Woke up- no Internet! AHHHHHHHH! I go to check all the wires and I SWEAR the Wire Gremlin has visited during the night. Now, I've been having problems for a week or so, and have UNTANGLED those wires and cables more times than I can count. But, I did it again. I HAD TO! I missed my Internet already...

The Internet and the telephone were both dead as a doornail- no lights were lit on the hardware, no dial tone on the phone- boo-hoo!

I reset the cablebox, unplugged the router from the back, checked all the connections....nothing. I mean, the phone didn't work; the Internet- nothing...nadda! The only thing that worked was the cable & the TV.

After much investigation, I said, duh.....The TV and cable is plugged into one outlet, the phone & router on another. Someone (canyou say Golden Child) unplugged the power strip (unknowingly I would like to think) to plug in a fan. Ok, no big deal. I mean, I didn't injure, maim or kill the kid, so all is good. It's a wonder, though. Me & no Internet just don't mix well!

So that was Saturday morning. Had a Girl Scout field trip to a zoo in a city about an hour away. We had to be there by 10 a.m. , so my morning was about shot. Was gone all day, came home, checked email, ran a few ads, made dinner, cleaned up, and went to bed.

Yesterday morning, don't I wake up- NO INTERNET! I use my noodle this time and check the power strip first- that was plugged in. So, I again decide to try every connection. And again....the Wire Gremlin has struck. My wires were all bunched together and knotted up- the cables had gotten themselves a little bit too close together! As I start untangling, I start getting "daymares" about untangling Christmas lights. As a matter of fact, I have a good story about that. But that will have to wait a few months...

Anyhoo, it ended up that the power for the modem was unplugged. Little Man spent the night and was here, so I blamed him :-)

I have to wonder if my kids aren't just playing games on me.......

We have a winner!

Robin, from Cinnamon & Honey won the free adspace on this blog, my other blog (Bloggers Connect) and one of my websites, Come On Home.

So why not blog hop on over to Cinnamon & Honey and say congrats to Robin!

Congrats, Robin!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

"Daymares." Hee hee. I like that one.

Clueless_Mama said...

That's funny! I hate tangled cords:(

Anonymous said...

Happy late vgno!

I love the zoo!

I would lose my mind without Internet!