Negligee or P.J.'s? That is the question!







There's been a lot of joking around amongst the work at home mom's on our team lately about wearing pajamas to work.

The other day, at the beginning of a team call, the subject arose. One woman said that when she comes home from the store with new pajamas, her husband jokingly says, " Look, mommy bought some new work clothes!" My family is just as bad. When I throw on an old pair of jeans and a sweater, they ask me where I'm going. When I ask why, they say "You're all dressed up!"

Now don't get me wrong, this isn't to say we don't ever change our clothes or take a shower! We just happen to put on our comfy clothes- what I call my "scruffies", to go to work every day. Where else but home can you ditch the business suit and high heels in favor of pajamas and bunny slippers? Or a sleek silky negligee.

I prefer the pajama bottoms with an old baggy t-shirt or sweatshirt and of course, some nice fuzzy slippers. Sweatpants are ok, too. I like to have a pocket to carry my cell phone - my 800# rings to my cell. That way, I can be doing anything and still get my calls. And of course, everything has to be loose and comfy. I definately am more concerned with comfort than style.

When I do have to "dress up" and venture out of the home office, I am just amazed when I see the stuff people have to wear! Some of these woman have to wear stockings, high heals, and OH, MY GOSH (hide your eyes, guys!) BRAS! How do they survive such torture? I think back to some of the things I've had to wear in the past- business suits and high heels, uniforms and steel toed boots, yadda, yadda- all that crazy stuff!

And the hair! How long do these woman spend to get their hair like that? Another thing I hate- doing my hair! If I can't wet it down and comb it into place, or throw it into a ponytail, forget it! Same with make-up-who's got the time? Why not let the natural beauty shine through!

Which I guess is why working at home is a right fit for me! I shudder to think about the mad rush I used to go through to get ready for work.

If you, too want to work in your jammies call today!

Carolee Sperry
Regional Sales Director
yahoo instant messenger ID: carolee_sperry
315-350-7868
We like to see you smile!

0 comments: