Yikes! Who is the rooster in the mirror?

So I was hanging out today , working at home in my jammies. I started slamming out ads with the sunrise. I checked emails, fed the animals, and fed myself. Placed more ads, worked on my online groups, made some phone calls. Had some lunch, yadda-yadda. Very motivated today.

The next thing I know, it's 4 p.m. I needed to leave by 4:45 or so to meet the cookie coordinator for Girl Scouts. It's that time again! Yum-Yum!

Obviously, I needed to get out of my jammies and put on some real clothes. I trudge into the bathroom, look into the mirror and stifle a scream.

My hair was sticking up all over the place. I looked like I was some kind of science fiction character- 1/2 human, 1/2 chicken. I wonder ......Who the heck is that rooster in the mirror? Yikes! That's me! I couldn't help but wonder, how did it come to this?

The pajamas I could understand. I have sleepwear, and I have my working pajamas. So I do change everyday (yes, and shower,too!), I just like being comfortable. I detest high heels and business suits.

But the hair.....uggggh! I have visions of my favorite Federal Express guy coming to deliver my Vista Print order. I come to the door and ahhhhhh..... he runs away in horror.

And it got me to thinking about how easy it is to let yourself go when you don't have to face the public everyday.

And I made a resolution......for the next week, I am going to wake up and get dressed as if I were going to work.

I'll put on the accessories, and style my hair. Put on make-up. Wear a bra (giggle, giggle!) Sashay around the house in my finery.

I looked through my closet - since my surgery 2 years ago (had to remove kidney & spleen due to a tumor) I had gained around 35 lbs. Most of my nice "work" clothes no long fit. You don't realize just how bad it's getting when you are hanging out in pajamas and sweatpants the majority of the time.

And so I started looking at my "modern-day work clothes." I did have a pretty pair of pajama bottoms - could that be counted as dressing up? How about that t-shirt that doesn't have a single coffee stain (can that be mine?) And my new fuzzy slippers, wouldn't they just complete the look ? Hm.... brush the hair - there may be hope yet.

And then, like most resolutions, it flew right out of my head. Who cares if I wear pajamas, bunny slippers & I have messy hair? The important thing is I am home, where I am happy. And that is sooooo much more than what most people have.

So I look like a rooster sometimes. I can think of worse......so many people strive to look perfect so that they can go out and be miserable. I look, well... less than perfect. But I'm perfectly happy, working at home.

Carolee Sperry
The Blogging Biz Mom (edited)



FREE Product Samples for home and office

0 comments: