Does Carolee ever sleep?

Several times, I have had team members ask if I ever sleep. Strange question- doesn't everyone? But I guess to my work at home buddies it appears that I don't.






They may get an email from me at 5:30 a.m. or 11 p.m. or anywhere in between. In their minds eye, I am at my computer 24/7, grinding out ads and sending emails.

Truth to be told, I wake up early. Usually around 6:15. I mean, I can't wait to hop out of bed and get going. And if my son has to be to work early, I'm up and working earlier.


Which really irks my sister. One time we were together in Pennsylvania taking care of my Grandmother. I was in the living room, Katz (my sis) was in the bedroom feeding Grandma breakfast. The bedroom is right off the living room and has a double-size doorway. I happened to glance that way and my sister looking at me and she's mumbling something to Gram. She and Grandma were laughing. I had to ask.


"What? What's so funny?"


To which Katz remarked, "I was just telling Gram- you are so damn cheerful in the morning...it really irks me, etc..." Don't remember the exact words.



Of course she was kidding (right sis?)



But it's true- I wake up easily and bound out of bed. Make my coffee and sit at the computer.




That's about 6:30 a.m. I'll check emails and run some online ads until about 9:30 a.m. 8:00 a.m.


Then it's time to feed the animals - 4 legged AND human. Maybe check the garden, throw some laundry in. Get my daughter started on her schoolwork.


That typically takes until about 10 a.m. or so.


With any luck, we have no appointments and I can get back to work. Make some calls, do some more ads, blog...


Of course I may be interrupted at any time by my daughter or Little Man.


Around 12:00 p.m. or so....take a break to eat.

And that's when things get a little hairy and definately make it hard to stick to a schedule.


At some point (you never know what time day to day) I have to get my son from work. Figure out something for dinner (I know, I'm working on planning ahead). A 20 minute sprint around the house with a dust cloth in one hand and a vacuum hose in the other. Piano lessons.


Next thing I know, I look at the clock and it's past the "normal" supper hour by some people standards.

So.......I cook supper and feed the humans (again!),then the 4 legged creatures (again!), "maybe" clean up the kitchen from dinner. Socialize with the fam for a while. Put the daughter to bed.

By then it's 9 p.m. Sometimes I have a training call, which usually lasts an hour.

Sometimes I go take a shower & hit the sack after my call, other times I stay up an extra hour- Doing emails and running ads.

That's a (ya, right!) typical day- it varies with doctors appointments, church youth group, Girl Scouts, and more.

So, that's why people can get an email from me at 5:30 a.m. or 11 p.m.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


On to other things...


I have to go in a few minutes to teach a Journal Writing class at a local adult ed center. They have run it in their catalogue every semester for the past year or two. This is only the second time they had enough students to make it worth paying me. I did do a few classes at the local library where I used to work.

So, better go! Until later!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the same way. People are always asking me if I ever sleep! I do, but just in bits and pieces here and there.

Happy VGNO!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Wasn't it Einstein who did that? Worked all day and night and slept only for 15-20 minutes at a time