Friday Fragments, VGNO & I have the Heart Shaped Rock!

Happy Friday. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been busy with my business, my group and my other blog. I will also be writing articles for the Social Mommy newsletter as well as Examiner.com. I will be doing two of my fav things-writing and giving information to others regarding work at home.

Ok, a couple of Friday Fragments:

Continuation of ...Can ducks count?




They can still count! Last night a duckling was outside and momma kept calling for it. Like a real momma- she got tired of yelling & went and got the kid herself!

I read somewhere this week ( readers digest?) that 5 cups of coffee a day may treat as well as prevent memory loss in patients with Alzheimers. The study was conducted on mice with Alzheimers....

I have one burning question....how did they know the mice had Alzheimers? Did they forget how to make it through their maze?



Speaking of coffee...does anyone lose their coffee cup 100 times a day? I do and it drives me and everyone else crazy! I thought it would be fun to show the world our favorite coffee cups (or soda glass...!)

My favorite is my "Do it, Don't Do it Cup": Send me your pic, I'll put it on the blog next Friday!






Here's looking at you, kid!

We went on a field trip to the pumpkin farm with the Home school co-op. Here was one of the friends we met:




The Heart Shaped Rock has made it to Pennellville, NY!


The good news is, I found my missing camera yesterday, so I got 2 pics in one!





Awww....ain't that baby so cute?

If you want to participate in The Heart Shaped Rock Project, just go to Ann's site (also home to Virtual Girls Night Out) at:



Secret Santa

This is the absolute last chance to get involved with our Secret Santa. I'll get the names together this weekend, and we'll go from there. Leave a comment if you want to be included.

6 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

That's too funny about the duck having to go get the kid herself! :)

Hmmm...I guess I need to increase my coffee intake to thwart Altzheimers later in life, eh? ;) Good question about the mice! :)

Love your coffee cup!!

Happy VGNO! :)

Ann Harrison said...

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!

SO incredibly wonderful and adorable! Great rock picture :->

Julie from JulieChats said...

Love your rock picture, can't wait for it to make its way back to Oregon!

Have a great weekend & Happy VGNO!

Lyndsay Wells said...

I too love the coffee cups! And your comment about the mice with alzheimers made me laugh - god bless the mice ;)

Nice to meet you :-)

I look forward to checking out your group.

Tracie Nall said...

I just love your counting ducks!!!

Thanks for stopping by my "place", I sent you a quick email about the homemade books! Have a great new week!

Mrs4444 said...

There are a couple of other Secret Santa things going on. It is fun! It might not be too late to join (there's a button to one of them in my sidebar.)

Mama ducks are wonderful. I love how they stay on top of their little ones. Love the horsey pic :)

You're a busy woman! Thanks for joining up with FF. Have a great week!