There's Snow use cryin' about it!

We woke up to a ton of snow. We weren't really surprised, since we were warned in plenty of time. And, we were armed with the proper tools. Most New Yorkers have at least some if not all of these "winter tools."

A tractor, a roof rake, a ladder and a shovel.

We were prepared, so there was really snow use crying about it! (get it?)

While I was out taking pics, Princess Der was on the roof shoveling. She had gone to the other side of the house, so missed being a star on my blog today.



Golden Child helped me shovel my way down to the boy's goat house. All the goats were freaking out.........they think everytime they see someone, they should eat. Of course, it was their feeding time.

Ron went to start the tractor and found it out of gas- weird....I think a couple of young boys needed gas for the truck...but that's just my guess.........

Ron's van was snowed in, as was my car. We had to call some friend's, Mr & Mrs Rollback (don't ask where Ron get's these nic-names!) to come take Ron to the store for gas.

Mrs. Roll back decided to help me feed goats. She was wearing sweat pants and sneakers. She had fun walking out to the girls goathouse!


But then again, here in NY, the majority of people wear only a sweatshirt and sneakers in this weather! Who needs a coat and boots? I have a winter coat I've worn maybe 2 x's. I keep it in my car in case I break down.

Ron finally got the tractor going and did the driveway.


He took a coffee break and when he went back out to push all the snow back furthur, the tractor wouldn't start. So, he headed for Uncle Eddie's (another friend) to get a spark tester (?) or something. Came back, the tractor started......weird!

While he was gone, I grabbed another tool necessary for our brutal NY winters....




A HAMMER...............



To fix the mailbox the plow driver hit AGAIN!

Golden Child and I had a good laugh......we were joking around saying how they probably hit stuff on purpose just for the fun of it............

Think about it:

Charlie: "Hey Hank, 15 points if you can hit that there speed limit sign up ahead. An extra 5 if you make it look like an accident"

Hank: "Hell Charlie, I'll wipe out that mailbox, too!"

Charlie: "You always were a dare devil, Hank" as he grabs the OH S*%T strap ( as my daddy used to call it) and hangs on for dear life!

Note to Hank and Charlie: You will not defeat me....I will keep on fixing the mailbox...............

Right after we got everything cleared, it started raining- that lasted about 1/2 hr, now it's snowing like a son of a gun.........

Thank the Good Lord it's Friday!

Time for Friday Fragments and Virtual Girls Night Out!

Hop on over to Half Past Kissing Time and leave your link.




Half-Past Kissin' Time


I really don't have any Friday Fragments- hey, it's been a busy week. If you don't write 'em down as you think 'em, you lose 'em, ya know? But I have my "fragmented pics" if you will.

Friday is also party time- that's Virtual Girls Night Out with the gals at Ann's place. Click the button below, add your link, and check out the other blogs listed.




Photobucket
 

Comments and followers

I love comments....so please leave one- you can find the section way down near the google ads....in the label section.
 
Also... I have ALMOST 100 followers! Follow now...............or else :-)
 
And check out my other pages............

18 comments:

Nancy C said...

What is WITH those mailboxes. I have a fixin' hammer of my own as well.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I'm sayin'! I think guys on graders and snow plow have to pass a legally blind test to qualify to work on the road dept.

This Ozark farm chick popped over from Mrs. 4444's and am so glad I did. I enjoyed my read.

From the hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderful weekend!!!

the Chacogirl said...

Happy VGNO! Is it wrong to wish I had some of that snow down here in the subtropics? Great pics! Haven't seen real snow since I was 10.

Jennifer K said...

That's a lot of snow! I'm gad I live on the West Coast!

I found you on Twittermoms and love your blog!

Stacy Uncorked said...

This time you got more snow than we did! Better you than me...at least your hubby has the plow attachment added to the front of his tractor - ours is still sitting in the barn because my hubby never did find out how to put it on! :)

Happy VGNO and FF! :)

Ann Harrison said...

Carolee we haven't received any crazy snow this season, and I'm bummed!

Last year we had one of those Snowmageddon-type blizzards, but nothing even close this year. Not to say that I want what's been happening out your way. You must be getting a bit of cabin fever.

Well hold on to your mailbox and Happy VGNO!!!

Upstatemamma said...

Oh my goodness!! I have met another me!! I never wear a coat either. I keep it in my car for when I am at my son's hockey games. We got a lot of snow the last few days which was awesome because Hubby got two snow days. :)

Anita G. Houser said...

Geesh, ....rarely wear your coat and hat? Yes you are a TRUE northerner (that could explain why my hubbie Michael is the same way). Doesn't take much for me to dress like a snow bunny and I live in Georgia! lol

That's funny about the mailbox.

And thanks for sharing the great pictures.

Carolee Hollenback said...

Ann, we STILL go out, even in this weather!

In fact, the kids had school!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I just wanted to pop over and thank ya for your visit and sweet comment.

In the words of old Granny Clampett, "ya'll come back now ya hear!!!"

Mrs4444 said...

I wonder what would happen if you used concrete to set a post for your mailbox?

Julie from JulieChats said...

WOW! We had that much snow out here in Oregon last year for a couple weeks, totally out of the ordinary....at least you get a snow plow on your street, although back there you probably all have that. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a roof rake! So glad we didn't need one of those, our gutters start almost 30 ft off the ground.... Good luck dealing with it all, stay warm & cozy inside with some hot cocoa & your computer! :)

Hope you had a great VGNO! Stop by & visit when you get a chance, I'm always looking for a few more followers on my blog & FB! http://juliechats.blogspot.com - Thanks! :) -j

Messy Mommy said...

Thanks for following! I've given you an award at my blog!

aliasblogger@yahoo.com

Carolee Hollenback said...

When we moved to Portland back eons ago (only stayed a year) I was concerned as the road we were getting an apt on was a gravel rd (yes, in the middle of Portland!)

I was afraid the snowplow wouldn't come down it. Then my husband reminded me that it "usually" didn't snow in Portland. Duh. We moved in.

Carolee Hollenback said...

Mrs 444, the post is still there, they just keep knocking the box off of it!

Prairiemaid said...

Sorry, but glad you got the snow up there....we have had enough!

Our goats are kidding. Four babies since last Wednesday, four more nannies to kid. Please no rain and no mo snow!

Have a great week!

One Photo said...

Wow! We don't get much snow here in Texas -although this winter we got a record 8 inches in one day which stayed around long enough to build a snowman! Love your blog and thank you for the comments on my Date Night post - I commented back there, hope you get a chance to read my response! How do you fit working, parenting, grand parenting, blogging and everything else you do in??

Carolee Hollenback said...

Aging Mommy-

The problem is, I don't fit it all in.

There are times I forget to blog, or go on my Cafe Mom group for days at a time, or don't get all my calls done....

There's just so much to do in this world, so much to experiment with on the Internet.

I never have understood when someone says they are bored! I wish I had time to be bored :-)