Am I adopted? And Wii education!

Wow another week has literally flown by! Between my business, homeschooling , my blogging, Girl Scouts and more...all I can say is:

WOW! Another week has gone by!

Friday is my favorite day! That's when Friday Fragments and Virtual Girls Night Out happen! Ok, in my case, it's an all weekend deal sometimes. And there are times when I don't get through all the blogs...but it's so fun....

So, why not kick back and join us now....

And

Please

leave a comment.............I LUV them! Look down there near the Google ads- there is a comment section there...really...


Friday Fragments

Half-Past Kissin' Time
Has this ever happened to you?

Last weekend we went to visit a friend. He recently moved back in with his mother to help her out after the stepfather passed away. He is our age, divorced...

Anyway, mom was out of town. We had never been inside the house. There is a combination dining/living room. The house is immaculate. Pictures of family adorn every flat surface.

We're at the table having coffee, and my eyes happened to see a picture- of ME! Or at least I thought it was at first. I almost had a heart attack!

My mom had recently given me an old pic of me from when I was  (much) younger, and skinnier- I had a 'fro and HUGE glasses! This pic was somewhat similar, but not me.

But it made me wonder....you know how when you're a kid and you wonder if you're really adopted and no ones telling you..........

My mind was screaming "NOOOOOOOOO.................."

I mean our friend is ok- for a friend.

He's just not my family-type!

Anyway, guess that was more than a fragment....



Do you ever say this?

I have always said to my kids (as most parents do....) "I can't wait till you have kids! You'll see."

Well, my stepson has a kid- you'all know Little Man....

But does he see? Little Man will ask for apples, plums, oranges, whatever all day long.....at night, guess what I find lying around? Tons of 1/2 eaten fruit!

Guess who is going to stop spending her money on fruit? Not the Little Guys fault, I know. But let the one who keeps shoving food in his mouth buy it....

Then, maybe he'll see!

Hello, what is the date today?

I teach journal writing at a local adult ed center. They were going to run it on Tuesdays, but that is a very busy day for me, so we switched it to Wednesday. I went to go to my first class Wednesday.

It starts NEXT Wednesday. And I checked the paper before I left. I knew the date......don't know why I thought it said this week............

Check out our homeschooling page to see how the Wii has become an educational tool in our household lately. And, you can see my Mii.

Do Yoo have a Mii?

Time to go post on my other blog, make a few calls for the business, then go blog hopping!

Photobucket

Hop on over to Ann's later (she's on pacific time so give her time to post!) and join the party!

Did you go on a field trip this week? Post about it and add your link HERE

10 comments:

Adrienne said...

Cute blog thanks for visiting I am following along with you now

Kat said...

Happy VGNO!! And I ALWAYS think I am adopted :)

the Chacogirl said...

Coming to your from Ann's. Funny post today, loved it. I had a time when I thought I was adopted, but then my older sister would have had to be too, because welook like each other. At least our noses do:) Happy VGNO from down south in Paraguay, thechacogirl!

Ann Harrison said...

How freaky to see a picture of someone who looks so much like you! In someone else's house!!!

(Ya' know... I have a half brother that lives pretty close to me yet, I've never met or seen him. I bet we look alike.)

Happy VGNO Carolee!

One Photo said...

Happy VGNO Carolee! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments as always.

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

I'm visiting from the Ultimate Blog Party! Whoo Hooo! I love helping busy mom's tap into their creativity!

Yay for teaching journal writing!

Deanna Gibbons said...

Hi there! Just stopping by from UBP10! Great blog! We have a bit in common. I'm a blogger, writer for examiner.com (Denver Girl Scout Examiner) and I am a Girl Scout leader, school coordinator and Media Messenger. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm off to check out this Renegade University you speak of!

Claudya Martinez said...

At least you showed up a week early and not a week late.

Carolee Hollenback said...

That is true :-)

Mrs4444 said...

You're so funny. We always joke that if I hadn't seen Kendall come out myself, I wouldn't have owned her (she had jet black hair for a year and a half before turning blond.) That's not as random as it seems, BTW...

Mii?