Earthquake!

Yesterday our area of New York felt the effects of the Earthquake that hit north of Ottawa.

My son & I both felt it, although we were in different rooms at the time. I thought he wasn't here, or I would have said something to him right after....

At first I thought the washer was off balance or something, although it didn't "feel" like that.

My daughters friend was standing in the kitchen and I told her I thought we just had a mild earthquake and she looked at me like I was nuts!

I turned the news on and didn't hear about an earthquake, so walked away...(duh- give them time to turn on the camera's!)

About an hour later I mentioned something about it to my son. He said he had felt it too, but thought he was imagining things.

Now I knew I wasn't nuts. We turned on the news, and there it was!

This is the third, maybe fourth earthquake I've felt, although they have all been mild.

Once was in the early 90's when I lived in Oregon. The other times were here in NY - I know where I was each time, but not the exact years...

The one time was sort of like this time...

I had spent the night at my parents house. I was standing in front of some shelves in my mom's living room. All of a sudden, all of her nick-nacks (sp?) started shaking. Because the bathroom is on the other side of the wall and the washer is against that wall, I assumed it was the washer going out of whack. Then I realized the washer wasn't on.

A few minutes later, my mom came out of her room and said we just had a mild earthquake.

Ok, that's 3 earthquakes. Why do I say MAYBE four?

One time a l-o-o-o-o-ng time ago, I was lying on my bed taking of an afternoon snooze. I was young, at home in my apartment. I woke up to the bed shaking. I was alone at the time, and no one later mentioned an earthquake. I didn't think about checking the news.

All I know is.................
Scary stuff! I'm glad it was only trmors!

Crazy things going on in the world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in Western Mass and it was felt here. Hubby felt it but I didn't feel a darn thing. Then it was announced on the news. Who knew??????

kyooty said...

I heard all about it on FB! I think people in Ottawa, Oshwa and Toronto were sending out Statuses faster then the news crews could get that it was happening. :) FB can be useful.

Anonymous said...

Loving your site! I'm following you from TwitterMom's. Please feel free to check mine out as well.

www.mommymccall.blogspot.com