Home projects abound!

Yesterday after doing a bit of work online, I decided to get ready to paint my utility room. When we moved in eons ago, I had sponge painted it. It looked pretty cool, but now I just want it a solid color.

That project entailed removing everything, taking down the shelves and washing the walls. I cleaned everything out and the Princess washed down the walls while I ran out to do a little grocery shopping.

When I returned we prepared to paint. Unfortunately, the primer I had dried up- the top was not on properly. I thought, "No big deal, I'll just put on a couple of coats of the paint."

Come to find out, I only had 1/2 can of paint left from our livingroom walls, not an almost full can as I thought. We had enough to do the shelves and the closet walls in the utility room. I'm going to go get primer and a couple of gallons of paint today.

Later yesterday, my neighbor Bob came over to fix and paint our hallway wall. A couple of years ago, Golden Child and his GF (now ex) left their dog here while they ran somewhere. The dog ate a huge hole in the hallway wall. We I attempted to repair it, but it didn't look too hot.

A few weeks ago, the neighbor put wood flooring in his house, and they got new furniture. He asked if Ron or one of the boys could take his old carpet and furniture to the dump the next time we went. He offered to pay, or do something around the house for us. He works at Pepsi by day,  but at times moonlights as a handyman. I jumped on that offer...fix my wall!

We're on a roll and I am hoping we can get multiple projects done by Golden Child's graduation party in July.

Tuesday Meme's

Tuesday Tag-Along



I just found Tasty Tuesday this morning- I decided to share this recipe:

No Bake Cookies
These are a fave in our house. They are quick, easy and require no baking!

Step 1

2 cp. sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 cp milk
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine

Add these ingredients to a saucepan and cook to boiling- boil for one minute.

Turn burner off

Step 2

Add:

3 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix it all up and drop by spoonful onto waxed paper. Let sit until set.

Eat and enjoy!

Hint... Have all of your ingredients for step two measured out before you even light the stove to get started. Then you can quickly add them when it's time and you know everything is there.

Now get out there and share some bloggy love...it makes the world a brighter place!

6 comments:

alicia said...

My dad used to make no bakes every sunday. Thanks so much for playing along!

Missie said...

I'm your newest follower from Tuesday-Tag-a-long!

http://www.waccamawslegacy.blogspot.com

seannaapproved said...

Hello, thank you for following me and reading my post in dedication to the D-Day anniversary. I write a lot about WWII and I am an aspiring Christian author too.

I see you are a homeschooling mom, I was home schooled for 10 yrs. LOVED IT!

God Bless,
Lizzie

Traci said...

Good luck with the project. Sorry about the rough start. I hate it when I'm all jazzed to start and find that I don't have what I need. I am impressed that you are tackling your list. I have a list. I am just not doing such a good job tackling it.
:-)

Erika said...

Those cookies are great with coconut instead of peanut better. :)

Carolee Hollenback said...

Erika,

I'll have to give the coconut a try- yum!