What are you reading right now?

When you work at home running your own home based business, every New Year is a new adventure. It's a time for new business partnerships, new friend's and new experiences. It is also a time to set some business as well as personal goals.

There are some great books out there that will help take you to the next level. Currently, I am eading Chicken Soup for the Soul: Unlocking the Secrets to Living Your Dreams by Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen.

The book stresses how to dream, and then to turn those dreams into goals & objectives. It also touches on visualization, overcoming fears and taking action! And as always, it has some great Chicken Soup for the Soul inspirational stories.

I set my 1st goal before I even cracked open the cover. My goal was to read the WHOLE book. Usually, I get bored with some part of a book, or it contains information I already know, so I skip around. In the beginning of this book, they recommended reading it through 1st, then going through it again and do the exercises. I vowed to do just that.

So, I've almost read the whole book (have about 5 pages left). Believe it or not, I didn't get bored! I WAS itching to get to the activities and set some goals. So that is my goal for tomorrow- to do start the exercises.

This will be a first as I usually skip the exercises in these types of books, too.

But it's a new year, time for a new me.

So what about you? Whether you work at home or not, why not tell us what you are reading for the New Year that will help improve your 2009?

Carolee Sperry
Regional Sales Director
AmeriPlan
CSperry@ameriplan.net
www.mybenefitsplus.com/sperry
www.freedomathometeam.com/sperry
yahoo instant messenger ID: carolee_sperry
1-800-918-5154
We like to see you smile!

0 comments: