What will you be doing this New Years Eve?

Will you be out with friend's and family, whining about how crappy 2008 was ? That's what 98% of the people will be doing. Making resolutions they know they won't keep. Complaining about the spouse, the boss, the economy. Drinking themselves into believing 2009 will be different. But when they wake up on January 1st, will anything be different?

That's where the 2 percenters come in. These are the people out there who are looking for a REAL change in their lives and are ready to take action! The 2 percenters are the ones that have the drive and desire to make it to the top, and they are ready to go!

They have been setting their goals for 2009. They are formulating an action plan. They contemplate what they want to accomplish in 2009, the steps needed to get the job done, and how they will reward themselves when each goal is completed.

So what will the 2 percenters be doing tonight? Many will be on their computers looking for a way to make money from home, to start a home business. If they haven't already been checking out their options, this is the time! They will so excited and ready to go they can hardly sleep!


Because I am a recruiter for my company, I get many inquiries from people looking for a home-based business. But some of them never hear back from me ( I'm sure the same hold true for other co.'s) ). If YOU are a 2 percenter, I have a few words of advice to make sure your search is successful and you get that information you are looking for.

10 things to consider when searching for a home based business:

1. If you REALLY want information about a company from a recruiter, you need to leave correct contact info. Check the spelling of everything- if an email is spelled wrong, we won't know it. It will be returned. If you typed in a wrong number in your telephone number, we won't know. When emails are returned and phone numbers are wrong, I would have to wonder if I want you as a business partner in my organization if you don't tell the truth (some people give false info on purpose!)


2. Please! email addresses like: sexymomma6969XXOO@yahoo.com or womanhater@hotmail.com just make me wonder again- do I want you on my team? You couldn't use a normal/professional email address? And frankly, whether you are sexy or not is not a condition of being my business partner. I would rather have someone with a 3rd grade education and has passion and enthusiasm. And if you are a woman hater....well, I'm a woman! NEXT!


3. When you state on your request for information to call you at 1 p.m. central, BE THERE at 1 p.m. central. There is usually an area on contact forms to write additional comments. If so, specify if you will be unavailable on certain days. I take time out of my day to call you ( as close as I can) to the time you asked me to call. Please be there. Call or email if you are unable to keep that appointment. I may already have an appointment at that time. I will generally send an email or call earlier if I am unable to call when requested.


4. It really irks me when I call someone ( at the time requested!) and they cannot accept calls, or they don't answer AND don't have an answering machine or voicemail. If you are serious, you want to get those calls. I will send an email and maybe try to call once more, but that's it. I'm looking for those that WANT me to call.


5. Another pet peeve- those cell phones that play 10 minutes of music before the party answers or you get the voicemail. Many times I hang up. If I get a chance, I'll try you one more time. My time is valuable. Some days I have a lot of calls to return. If I get 5 or 10 of these things a day, I'd get nothing accomplished.


6. If you requested information by email and you haven't received it, check your spam or bulk folder. If you know the recruiters email, you can add it to your address book so that you can receive emails from that person. I can't tell you how many emails I get back "undelivered" , and the prospect has not left any other contact info.


7. Don't lie. Check out the opportunity presented. If you really aren't interested, say so. Don't lead recruiters on. We are busy people, too. And we have people that DO WANT what we have. They are the people who deserve our time and attention. If you are interested, but the timing isn't right, say so. If you want a call back in a month, just let the recruiter know. If you want to be added to their addressbook and sent occasional emails to keep abreast of the company, say so. If a recruiter is trying to force you into a quick decision and you are uncomfortable, I would say no thanks. If you still believe in the company and the product- find another recruiter.


8. If you have requested info online and received no response with in 48 hrs., try one more time, then I would call another recruiter with that company. This happened to me.
I had read about AmeriPlan in Home Business Connection magazine . The 1st person I contacted called back within a few hours. I wasn't here, so she left a message. I was ready to get started and tried to call her back. I kept getting a message saying she wasn't accepting calls at this time. I tried emailing - she had a yahoo address. We have company emails, so I don't know what that was about. I tried 2 or 3 times in a week- no response. So, I called someone else up, got my questions answered and started within 5 minutes of hanging up! The other person called me a week or so later. She probably wasn't a 2 percenter and most likely is no longer with the company.
9. Before you take that final step, consider if you are ready to put in the time and effort it takes. Most home businesses take time to build. If you want a get rich quick scheme, there are plenty out there. But you won't make money any faster than you would building a reputable business that you can be proud of.


10. If you are excited and ready to start now- do it! I know on my website, you can self-enroll. Most company's have information on the Internet that you can reveiw (and learn) while you wait for a call back from the recruiter.


I generally send out the training info as soon as I get an email notification that a new person has joined my team. That is followed up by a phone call to say welcome and explain a few things about your websites and such.


These are just a few things to consider if you really do want to make that change. If you don't have a "normal" email, go do it now! If your telephone is full of messages and can't receive calls, go delete some. Change your ring tone and while you're at it, make sure you have a nice voicemail message.



And I'll give you a call later! :)
P.S. For more great info on searching for a home based business, check out my November 13th posting!!!

SEE YOU AT THE TOP!


Carolee Sperry
Regional Sales Director
AmeriPlan
yahoo instant messenger ID: carolee_sperry
1-800-918-5154
We like to see you smile!

0 comments: