The $32.00 Pizza Soup!

I had been busy working the home business all day- trying to catch up on blogs, emails & phone calls. My 17 yr old son came home from school. He said he & his friend were going to the store. A light bulb went off in my head!








HE could grab the stuff I needed for Pizza Soup.


I gave him $10.00 and told him I needed milk, pizza sauce, and pepperoni. He comes back with milk and spaghetti sauce and no pepperoni. He said he looked everywhere and there was no pizza sauce or pepperoni. Being a little redneck convenience store, I could believe it. He left and I decided I might as well make goulash or something. I was left without the pizza sauce, the pepperoni and ...hey..wait a minute! No change! If there was any! Will have to ask him when he gets back.



After about 1/2 hr I get thinking about that Pizza Soup - I was really planning on it. It keeps pestering at me until I decide to change out of my jammie bottoms and get dressed. I go to the redneck convenience store a few miles in the other direction. I get pizza sauce, pepperoni, cat food ( forgot earlier) and mozzarella cheese (another item I forgot I needed and was over $4.00!) I decide hell, I could use a beer- so I grab a 6-pack of Budwieser. Then my daughter wants a pack of gum. Totall bill: $22. and some change.

And that's how I my danged Pizza Soup ended up costing me $32.00! It had better be good!

I'll let you know!

The recipe:

PIZZA SOUP
1 lb. Italian sausage (skin removed)
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. chopped green pepper
2 tbsp. oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
30 oz. pizza sauce
2 c. canned tomatoes, diced
1 1/2 qts. water
3 tbsp. beef base
12 pieces French bread
12 slices Mozzarella cheese or shredded Mozzarella cheese

Cook sausage, onion, green pepper, oregano and garlic powder until sausage is brown. Add pizza sauce, tomatoes, water and base.
Simmer 1 hour. Place 1 slice toasted French bread in bottom of soup bowl. Add soup; top with cheese.
Broil 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Makes 12 servings.







0 comments: