The extra mile

Since I work at home , all of my "meetings" and "training" are done via the Internet and teleconferencing.
We had a team training call tonight and someone metioned something about going the extra mile, and this kind of came to me:

Are you willing to go the extra mile?

At the end of a long, long road there is a place where dreams really do come true. This special place is accessible to anyone- it doesn’t matter if you are a college graduate or a 4th grade drop out. This road has been traveled by many in the past and many more are sure to follow.

Yet most of the “travelers” do not stay on the road long enough. They miss out on the blessings that await them at the end. The reason? They must be willing to go the “extra mile” to get there. Most travelers stop just short of the extra mile, not willing to take the next step.

Others, like me, choose to continue the journey . And they find that the extra mile can be the longest mile ever traveled . Sometimes it’s smooth going, and we happily skip along. But other times the road gets bumpy, and we come out with bruised elbows and knees. We hurt, and want to turn around and go back to our old, comfortable life. Dust yourself off & keep walking, my friend, keep walking.

You never know which way the road will go. It may go uphill one minute, and downhill the next. There may be many twists and turns. Go up, go down, and go with the twists and turns. Just keep going my friend, Just keep going.


There will be times when you are the only “traveler” going the extra mile. You will wonder why no one else wants to go where you are going. Just continue on my friend,just continue on - you WILL meet others on the way who will join you in your journey.

The extra mile is not for the weary. Remember to feed your body and soul along the way. Keep up your inner and outer strength and just keep going, my friend,just keep going. Keep going for the prize.

Don't let anything stop you from grasping your dreams. Be willing to go over, under and around the “roadblocks” that get in the way. Soon you will have arrived at your destination - the place where dreams really do come true.

My dreams, your dreams, and the dreams of those who choose to go with us.

Are you willing to go the extra mile?

If you want to travel with me, go here

P.S. I LOVE comments- then I can check out YOUR blog!

************************************************************************************

3 comments:

Military Momz said...

Great post! Wanted to let you know I gave you an Attitude of Gratitude award at my blog! I usually go out of my way to go the extra mile, but sometimes it is a long lonely journey!

Trista said...

Love your post about going the extra mile - so very true!

bernthis said...

I have been going that extra mile for four plus years now. I'm tired and I feel some days that I cannot walk another step and then I do. What an inspiring post