Not quite wordless Wednesday












Daughter & I fishing a few weeks ago during Spring Break (p.s. dates on all pics wrong- too lazy to reset camera!)





Last weekend, we had Girl Scout camp. My girls, who are Cadettes, were manning 3 tables with activities for the Daisy's, Brownies and Juniors. Between snow days and illnesses, , we had to cancel several meetings before the encampment . We were unprepared - as usual....






Little Man stopped by on Friday as I was rushing around getting ready for camp.


























MY girls did easy tie-dye t-shirts with the girls, as well as camp memory books, and necklaces made out of straws (for the younger girls) and beads made out of magazines for the older girls. Check out the cool design on this tee-shirt...




Easy tie-die T-shirt






















My daughter leading the girls in a game













I am sooooo proud to say that my girls did a fantastic job! We only have 5 girls in the troop. One was leaving early, and one was coming late- they kind of crossed paths. So that gave us 1 girl for each activity and one to float around. My assistant stayed with the memory books since they were the most difficult activity. I went up & down the hill 700 times :-) between the t-shirts outside in the back of the lodge (down the hill) and the girls inside the lodge (up the hill). Then , several trips around the lake, and boy, did I hurt Monday.



Monday morning Linda, the leader who coordinated the encampment called me to tell me that all the leaders were raving about how great my girls did. Cool, huh?





Anyway, the normal Girl Scout camps were unavailable, so we used another organizations camp. I must say it was a very nice place- a lake, lots of woods, etc...but the cabins were in somewhat ill repair. It was off season and winter REALLY dragged on this year...but I was a little disappointed. They were bigger inside than they look.






Our Teeny Tiny Cabin




We had fun, but it was nice to go home. Ron was making steak on the grill for us when we got home






and....



I discovered....



That Spring had Sprung!

***************************************************************************************************************

 

7 comments:

Lagean Ellis said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun!

Happy VGNO!

Unknown said...

Great pictures you most all have a great time. HAPPY VGNO

Kaza said...

Happy VGNO!

Anonymous said...

Looks like good times! Happy VGNO!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Great pictures! Looks like a good time was had by all...and what a nice surprise to see a pretty flower to evidence that Spring has sprung! ;)

Happy VGNO!

Anonymous said...

Yea for Spring! And happy VGNO!

Cales said...

Looks like you had a great week! Happy VGNO!