It's Friday...Virtual Girls Night Out!

Join us tonight! Hop over to Ann's blog and add your link! And hopefully, I will add a post by tonight, but have to get back to work right now. Later!

Photobucket



Yikes it's 7:20 p.m. and I'm STILL making supper.









It has been a day! I had to take my car in for inspection. Now there's a story behind this. Saturday, I went into the next town over. When I got to the 4 corners in town, there was a road block, checking for registrations & inspections. The police officer looks at my car and has me pull over.

What the heck? I was SURE I was legal!

Well, I wasn't- my inspection is FIVE MONTHS overdue! The best part is, my SO is a mechanic! A diesel mechanic, but still. He usually keeps up with all the vehicles here. I will admit I wondered a month or so ago when it was due and saw it was due in January and thought , "Oh, it's not due till January" and NEVER gave it a thought that it was the wrong color sticker for that year. Duh

So, today I got the car inspected- it FAILED! Some SO I have! My left front wheel bearing is ready to fall out/break????

Guess what dear Ronald is doing tomorrow? Fixing my car!

On a lighter note, I'm enjoying a Nice, cold Bud. Don't know if you can get it all over the US or not, but a BUD is Budweiser beer. Yum!

So let's toast to a Happy VGNO! Yeeee-haaaaa!

 

17 comments:

Elizabeth D. said...

Sorry about the car troubles, that's no fun. I always used to drive clunkers, until recently, so I totally understand how uncool it is when your car's under the weather. Good luck with getting those wheel bearings taken care of! Happy VGNO!

Mary K Brennan said...

I've been there. Time for inspection, and everything breaks. Well, on the brighter side, you didn't get a ticket.
Have a great VGNO!

Mandala Michelle said...

Happy VGNO!

Lola said...

At least you have an SO to do your car repairs, so it shouldn't hit the budget too badly.

Stopping by for VGNO!

Have a great weekend.

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com
http://lolasvictorygarden.blogspot.com
http://firecrotchrocket.blogspot.com

robin said...

Stopping by from Ann's.
Happy GNO. Have a great weekend.

Lucia said...

At least you're drinking a cold one now!
Happy VGNO!

Susan Cook said...

Sorry about your car. I know how that is. My husband's going on 11 yr. old car didn't pass inspection either and it just cost us over 400 dollars so it would - ugh!

Hope yours can be fixed cheaply.

p.s. about that tree, that would be great if you could find out what it is. I tried to google it but couldn't find anything on it. It was really a crazy tree that I've never seen before. I even asked the lady who worked at the bank but she had no idea.

Happy VGNO!

Ali said...

Aww, sorry about the car, I need new brakes on mine, not fun! Happy VGNO =)

Anonymous said...

Stopping by for a Saturday morning VGNO...sorry about your car issues..I hate it when cars have issues...

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

hey. .I got side tracked last night, and did not get to get around and visit everyone at the party.. hope you had fun at VGNO!

You mentioned my blog design, yep, did it myself.. it is still being tweaked!

Stacie said...

Sorry to hear about the car problems. They always seem to nickel and dime ya to death! Stopping by from Harriet's Comment Challenge!

Golfersmom said...

Good Luck with the car problems. Stopping by for the comment challenge.

Carolee Hollenback said...

FYI- got the car fixed- hopefully it will pass tomorrow

Yen said...

stopping by for the challenge.

bernthis said...

I had the same thing happen when I first moved to L.A. 400 dollars later..ouch, everything was fine

Shelly said...

Car inspections are the worst. One thing I've hated sincemoving to Va. That andthe personal property tax we have to pay on our vehicles.

I've given you an award. Stop on by and grab it.

Leigh said...

Car trouble is always such a pain!