ipod touch, iphone,blackberry, blueberry...

I am embarking on a new techy-type purchase and I need some imput. When you work at home, you sometimes aren't really home (surprise guys!). I mean, you may be shopping or at the park with the kids.

Imagine the park scene: You're bored. If you had your laptop, you could be running ads or answering emails. But between the baby, the diaper bag and the stroller, the last thing you need is something else to babysit.



And doesn't it seem your phone ALWAYS rings at those times- and on the other end is someone SOOOO excited about your product or business opportunity they want to sign up NOW...but they are work and can't use the computer for personal ventures. They want you to enroll them NOW. You can't. Pooh!


Those of you who have been following me have probably read about Ron and I being delayed in the airport (or should I say airports) a week or so ago. Carrying my laptop around those airports for so long, it was getting heavier and heavier. And, it was another bag to keep track of.


So, since our return, I have been on a search for something better. I started out looking at small little laptops. Cute, but.....My sons girlfriend got an ipod touch. That looked interesting.








My daughters birthday was last week. Now get this. She asked for 3 different things. She only wanted one of them, it was up to us which one we got her. She wanted a parakeet, or a hamster, or an ipod touch. Ron starts flipping out about how we don't need any more animals, and besides she doesn't take care of what she has (her room IS a mess, but she knows where the important stuff is.)

So, I got on ebay and other places looking for a refurbished or used ipod touch. I mean those things are expensive! I got one at a fairly good price for me my daughter. Now, I can play with that and see if getting something like that would benefits me (ok, so no more animals worked out for me, too!).

Anyway, I think a parakeet or hamster would have been cheaper, but this does look like fun and EVERYONE at the airport had one! (I sound like my kids now!)



XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


Moving along...


The boys are telling me I need an iphone. I'm just starting my investigation into them, but it seems to me that they are more reasonably priced and it appears you can do more. So.......







XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Which brings me to the Blackberry.



I have to look furthur into it. It seems the other day I read something on it that made me think "No". But darned if I can remember what.








XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Now, for a little input here:

I'm looking for something where I can get on the Internet and check email,blog, run ads, CUT AND PASTE, etc... while being on the phone. Can you be on the iphone talking and be on the internet at the same time? How about a blackberry? Or am I better off getting an ipod touch and keeping my cell?

Do you or have you owned any of the above mentioned gadgets? If so what is your opinion of them? Did you like it/ them and if so why?

AND....don't forget about my give-away:



You can win the book The Slight Edge ( one of my personal fav books) Read about it and enter here .











And, don't forget VGNO!

Photobucket


If you haven't done so yet,
go to Ann's site at:

http://annagain66.blogspot.com/


Add your link. Check out the other blogs listed and leave a comment. The others will do the same for you.

9 comments:

the Chacogirl said...

Hi, i'd really like to help you decide on a phone to get, but i haven't seen any of those in our neck of the woods. I have a nokia 6300 and love it! Happy VGNO! Hugs from Paraguay!

Lola said...

Stopping by for VGNO and celebrating my birthday.

Hope you have a great weekend!

If I had the money for the monthly data package (which I don't) I would totally get a crackberry.

~Sandy~ said...

thanks so much for stopping by! happy vgno and enjoy your weekend :)

Lizzie said...

i have a blackberry, my dad has an iPhone. i've played with both and like them both. i don't think you'll be disappointed either way :)
hope you ave a great weekend!

Martha said...

I love my IPHONE!

I would love to enter your giveaway.

I will follow you. I worked in my "jammies" for 15 years, I'm "semi retired" or "on hiatus" right now....

Carolee Hollenback said...

Hey Lola- never heard the term "crackberry"- checked it on the Internet- too funny!

For those who don't know, "Crackberry" is another name for blackberry- because they are so addicting (like crack, I guess!)

Carolee Hollenback said...

Ok, one vote for iphone, one for blackberry and one who loves both.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Upstatemamma said...

Well, my family has T Mobile as a phone carrier so we cannot have the IPhone but I totally want the iPodTouch and really if you had the iPhone it would be hard to use as a phone and computer at the same time.

Carolee Hollenback said...

I'm thinking the ipod touch as well.

I really need to get that thumb action going , though! I practice on my daughters now & then.

It's a very cool item to have!