Happy New Year! Thank Goodness December is almost out of here!

Wow, it's almost over and am I relieved. December has been one not so great month, although 2009 itself was ok.

As many of my regular readers know, Ron has been having some issues with his job. In early 2009, his boss (when not in his right mind) fired Ron, and it took them a couple of weeks to beg him to come back. We survived that. Then the boss was "gone" for a while, and the place was being run by Tom, Dick & Harry (or whoever was around.) Money was tight. The future looked bleak...

The boss has been back for about 6 weeks, and every week has had to short the guys pay just to stay open. Last payday (Christmas Eve) was really bad. He paid Ron $60.00! Of course Ron doesn't Christmas shop until the last day, so guess who didn't get a gift yet? Yes, me :-(

The boys got short- changed compared to normal. They only wanted gift certificates for the mall or money. I was waiting for Ron's pay. They each got $50.00 and a sorry. That's all I had left after all the other shopping.

I guess if they don't get paid today, all the guys are going to "unenjoyment" on Monday. The boss owes Ron over $3,000 in pay and after hours road call $$$, not to mention MANY weeks of vacation.

To make matters worse, last week I had two (yes count them, TWO) car accidents. On Wednesday, a woman ran a stop sign and plowed into my passenger side. Since I have a plastic saturn, it just broke in a few places, and left a skid down the side.




Saturday, Princess Der and I went to Pennsylvania to see my mom and uncle. I was about 1 1/2 mi from the house on a small, windy, hilly road. I came around a bend, hit an icy patch of gravel and slid into a one-lane bridge. Got the drivers side.

Great!

We've also been having on going issues with the step-son and the ex-girlfriend. He just can't accept that she has moved on. It is making it very hard on everyone, and the only one getting hurt is Little Man, his son.

If kids only knew.....

My camera being stupid- all my pics from Christmas are messed up and won't upload.

And last but not least....

I went out to feed the animals and found one of my male goats dead. He was a couple of years old and my first baby born here. Just dead.

I think it's time to go play a game of Wii Bowling. I would show you a pic of my Mii but my camera is stupid and won't work.

Hurry up, 2010!

P.S.

For the ladies...Stop by CafeMom tomorrow and participate in the chats going on. Home business owners will be on hand to answer questions about the company they represent. Just go to CafeMom, become a member if you are not already. Join the groups and check the schedules.

The Groups are:

Work At Home In Your Jammies And Love It

And

I Want To Make Money


Inexpensive Advertising Opportunity for Central New York area


I am assisting an aquaintance of mine with a new newspaper in CNY for kids called:

Kids Standard

It is almost completely written for kids by kids. Schools have been requesting copies for the students. These students are bringing them home to their parents.

They offer inexpensive advertising for your business ads. Must be kid or family orientated (or home business for parent, etc...). There is a 30% discount in month one, with a 10% discount every month thereafter, as long as there is no break in advertising.

For more information, email me (Carolee) at:

advertising@kidsstandard.com

9 comments:

Martha said...

Wow, I'm sorry you are having such a tough month. I guess you really are ready for 2010! I'm glad that no one was hurt in your accidents.

Happy New Year (it has to go up from here right?)

Alicia said...

I once had two car accidents in the span of a couple days. Neither was my fault. Brad hit my car backing out of the driveway, and then I got rear ended at a stop sign on my way to take the car to the adjuster!

I had a friend with a Saturn 10 years or so ago who got hit by a bus. When the police arrived, they didn't believe she'd been hit because her car body just bounced right back out.

Oh, and my kids' school had a goat until it died really suddenly a few months ago. I talked to the woman who owned it, and she said it was something really common that happens with goats that can be reversed if you realize it and get them to a vet right away, but if not, they die within hours. After seeming completely healthy just before. So weird. Maybe the same happened to yours...? :(

rinelle said...

Wishing you all the best in 2010! God Bless!

ellen said...

Prosperous new year to all!

Kean said...

Ive already added you in my links and followes you in google friend connect please do the same. tnx

Anonymous said...

Oh hon, hoping you have a MUCH better 2010!

JENIE=) said...

missing your visits, friend! ;) BTW, belated Happy New Year!

JENIE=) said...

missing your visits, friend! ;) BTW, belated Happy New Year!

A Bear and His Honey said...

thank you for popping by my blog and leaving a comment. Much appreciated. sorry to hear about your accidents but glad they were not severe.