Outdoor work and Spring pics

This weekend Ron and I really got busy and accomplished quite a bit outside. Didn't get anything done with my house or home business, but that's ok.

Years ago, I had dug a trench through the girls (goat) yard, continuing under the fence....through the boys (goat) yard and under the back part of their fence out to the woods. I had dug this trench to drain some water that sat in the low part of the yard.

Ron thought we didn't need it anymore, so I had since filled it in. This stopped the flow of some of the water, helping to create the pond I've been working on.

The other day, we decided we needed the trench again. So we redug it (I had only filled it in with old hay, knowing I WAS RIGHT and the trench was needed!).

We lay piping in the trench, and the water dumps into a small trench that goes into the pond. It was supposed to rain yesterday, but barely did. But we sprayed some water from the hose onto that area, and it worked!

Yesterday we cleaned out the pond in the FRONT yard (that's 3 ponds!). This one is little and is home to at least one snake every year and tons of frogs.

Many frogs weren't too lucky, I guess. Ron found several frog "parts" in the leaves and stuff he extracted....back legs, a front leg..................

BTW, dates on the pics are wrong- camera bites the biggie- I have to turn it off and on to work and get tired of restting the date...


Onto better things...............



My baby Apple Tree is blooming.......................


As are the Azaleas (?)- I always plant thing, then forget what they are called!



And the blue flowers we took out of a friends yard years ago.........



And these purple flowers I found in my yard years ago and transplanted into the front garden....



And all of these...aren't they beautiful?

I think Spring has finally, really sprung!

Hop on over to my other pages here to see what I've been doing with my biz, homeschooling and puppy training.

Later!


4 comments:

One Photo said...

Happy Spring - love the pictures!

Loren said...

sounds like soo much fun and those pics are beautiful.....I love to work outside with my DH :)

blessings!

Messy Mommy said...

Good for you! I am so not a yard work / gardening person. Hubby planted some flowers this weekend though

Sandie Lee said...

Love the pics :)