Amusement Ride for Animals....

Friday Fragments

Half-Past Kissin' Time

Duh.....


Ok, so I'm sitting here yesterday working on a blog, when suddenly I hear a "twack!"

A bird had flown into the window!

Dumb birds! Don't they know I keep the windows dirty on purpose just so they won't fly into them...........really!

Jack-a who?

I'm going to look at some Jack-a-Poo (Jack Russell/Poodle) puppies tonight. Based on the pics I've seen online, I think I like this one best:



Lil' Bit


Speaking of poodles...

For many years, our family had a french poodle, Nanny. The dog barked alot, and she wasn't always fair!

One time my brother and I were goofing around fighting...

I yelled, "Help Nanny, help! Get him!"

What does she do?

Bites MY foot!

Another Strange But True Family Story....

One day after school (and before the folks were home...) my friend and I were in my bedroom smoking cigarets and blowing smoke out the little hole in the window screen listening to albums........when my brother knocked on the door.

"Have you seen the dog?" he asks so innocently.

"She was here before" I remarked

All of a sudden, I realized the dryer was running in the utility room near my bedroom. Since I took care of folding clothes, I knew there were no clothes in the dryer, and the dryer had not been running before....

I go in the utility room, open the dryer door...out hops Nanny.

Happy as can be she was...like she just hopped off an amusement ride!

My brother denied putting the dog in the dryer until the day he died! It was a family joke.......

Years after the "incident", my brother lay in a coma, dying.

You know how during stressful times, you just get silly....you want some kind of sign? Anything?

I asked him to tell the truth...did he put the dog in the dryer? If you did, squeeze my hand....

He refused! He took that secret to the grave with him...

But I know I didn't do it...so unless we had a ghost....

This little guy graduates high school this year...





Geez, just looking at this pic from his first day of school brings tears to my eyes....

I know I'm going to be a blubbering idiot during the ceremony!

The Princess and I are in charge of the party. The princess was supposed to call around about cakes today, but she was called away.....

Had to go help a homeschooling friend with their kids today!

Anywho.....

Don't forget Field Trip Fridays....to see ours, go to the homeschooling page.

And remember to join the gals tonight for Virtual Girls Night Out!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Cat said...

Nanny in the dryer- I can't believe she was happy! Good thing you figured it out when you did!

Doreen McGettigan said...

That dog in the dryer..OMG..my brother once put littlest brother in the dryer..scared me too death and it broke the belt on the dryer. I'm sorry I am so late with FF but I really do have a good excuse. I hope you have a great weekend good luck with the new pup and oh those graduations..so teary!

Suzanne said...

Birds certainly do their own thing! It’s just like the birds that leave their unpleasant reminders on the outside of my car, Ms. Betsy, which is parked underneath their nesting tree. Dumb birds and dumb me for having parked on the street in my assigned parking area. Although who’s the smarter of us is questionable because I found another parking space! It's a sweet story, much like a few of mine are in Mommy’s Writings.

Suzanne McMillen-Fallon, Published Author
www.strategicbookpublishing.com/Mommy, would you like a sandwich?