It's Mother's Day (again) !

A flower for all the moms in my life
My mom, sister, cousin and other relatives...and my Cyber-friends who are moms!

Happy Crappy Mothers Day Dear Moms!

It is happy, I swear! But the weather is pretty crappy! I slept in until 8:30 (almost had a heart attack-the day was 1/2 over :-). I look out the window to this:

               

It has been snowing since!


 

If this keeps up, the ducks will be ice skating!

Some of my thoughts on being a mom....


Being a mom:

Is Not for the weak

Is Not for the lazy

Is Not for the selfish

Being a mom:

Will keep you on your toes

Will cause you to lose a lot of sleep

Is one of the most wonderful experiences you will ever have, providing love and laughter like you never thought possible.

Today we are going to hang out (probably around the coal stove!). Ron's oldest son and his GF and kids are coming over. That's sweet. Since he has moved out and is a little older he is very respectful to me. We even talk and laugh, like people are supposed to!

This is the kid I went through years of agony with! My life is so mellow now compared to then. But (hopefully) all kids grow up. Now I'm waiting for the second stepson to grow up!

Before I wrote this post, I was trying to think about what to write about my mom. But I've written quite a bit already, and it really says it all.

For a good laugh, check out Fridays post, Digging to China and other lies....a little humor about my mom.

For a tear jerker, check out my post from last Mothers Day. That is a tribute to my late Grandma June, my mom and my sister- the three great woman in my life.

Hope you enjoy the posts.

Have a Happy Mothers Day everyone!

 

3 comments:

VKT said...

Tearjerker? My waterworks after reading last year's could give the ducks another pond.

Have a wonderful day!

One Photo said...

Have a truly wonderful Mothers Day Carolee

Cindy Haskin-Popp said...

Hi Carolee! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day! I like your sentiments. I am always amazed at how a job like motherhood can be so exhausting yet so rewarding at the same time.