The party continues- come on over!

Ultimate Blog Party 2009


And this is why I love working at home- I can PARTY anytime! Ok, sometimes there are calls I have to make at a certain time or something, but other than that, I do what I want, when I want. And that is why I'm partying with my fellow bloggers at 7:38 a.m. on a Monday morning. Cool. All I can say is: Be there or be square.



Ok, part of this party is telling a little about yourself, and listing what prizes you want to win here at the party.



So, here goes. . .



My name is Carolee. I have a 29 yr. old son, a 17 yr. old son & an 11 yr. old daughter (I believe in spacing!) About 16 years ago, I met my honey Ron. We really didn't hook up for good until almost 11 yrs. ago. He came with 2 sons and another lived in Vermont. We rarely see him.



We have had some very tough times in the past (mostly step-kid issues). But I guess our love is like glue and holds us together. We are now blessed with a little Grandbaby, "Little Man" who is so much fun...in fact they just came in the door and he's off! Pics later! But there are plenty of pics in past posts! That a look!



(later...here's one from today)



I didn't do it, I swear!!!!




We have a "farmette" 2 1/2 acres with 9 goats, chickens,ducks, dogs,cats, yadda-yadda! Before we moved here, it was all woods. They had to clear a spot for the house and septic. To save money, we told the contractor that we would take care of the branches, rocks, etc...left around .



What a mistake! It took us ALL summer that first year just to burn all the branches! We cleared the front yard by pulling out trees with Ron's old van. For the past 10 years, we have done some weird stuff, like my outdoor office.



We have had some hard times, but SOOOOO many good times here. We have a great pond at the end of the property. Check it out the pic I took yesterday. The geese are coming back, but there's nowhere to land there!






This is the pond now

To see the pond in fall, go here.

Fall is my favorite time of year. When the leaves are in full color and reflect on the pond, it's just beautiful! I have often tried to paint something to reflect the beauty, but since I have no artistic ability or experience...well it didn't go so well. So I started making collages.


I've done a collage that's all eyeballs. There is a big set of eyeballs in the middle that represent God. My idea came from saying to someone that they are always being "watched". Your kids are always watching and learning, adults are always "watching" you to see if they can trust you, confide in you, buy from you, etc....The funny thing is, one set of eyeballs look exactly like my sons! And another looks just like my daughters friends. That pic freaks alot of people out! Here it is:




Anyway, I can go on all day. I am really a writer at heart. I have been published a few times in a local parenting magazine. I have to call & see if I can reprint my 1st article here. Keep your eye out for it- it's about socks! Hmmm....


For the past two years, I have had a home based business with AmeriPlan. I love that there is no product, and people really need health benefits. And my household gets benefits for working with them, which helped us when Ron lost his health insurance.I can build up a great residual income, so in a few years I'll be able to devote my time to writing and not worry about money.





Ok, to wrap it all up, these are the gifts I want:






Actually, I haven't had time to even check them all out. I promise I'll add it here later today. Right now, I need to feed the goats, see the grandbaby, go on my leaders call & get to work!





So, enough about me, what about you?






P.S. The two boys did get sick! The youngest (in the pic at the bottom of last post) was puking all night, yet went to school. The oldest is really better, but calls in sick to work. And that my friend's is the difference between 2 kids raised by the same mother. Youngest really has my drive, but the other???





P.S.S. Remember to leave a comment, then swing over to the home of the Ultimate Blog Party and leave your link there! There were over 978 links just in the family friendly section this morning, mom prenuers have 86! You could have your blog noticed by 1,000's! Cool!








11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm stopping by from UBP 2009! Great site!!! I'll be back for sure, I love the outdoor office.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Hi. I'm just stopping in from the UBP. It's very nice to meet you. Hope to see you over at my place later. Enjoy the party!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my site (Coloring Outside The Lines) I look forward to getting to know you a bit better!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been through a lot. I'm so happy our lake is water again. Not thrilled about the geese being back though...

I hope to see you stop by and pick up some great fast recipes ...

See you around the party!

Amy Platon said...

Is someone looking at me? Just curious, can't get the images out of my mind! haha. I'm blogging in my jammies, just sleep walking to your place to say thanks for stopping by mine. I'm so looking forward to my kitchen redo! I'll post when it's done!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you at this year's UBP. Have fun!

Colette S said...

Nice to meet you!

Talk about a party!

I'm quite intrigued and am learning how to get around!

Just stopping by from 5minutes for moms blog party!

Upstatemamma said...

Wow!!! That little man of yours is super cute!! :) Can you teach me how to work from home. I would love to make an income from home. I just cannot figure out how. Nice to meet you. :)

Kati said...

Well, happy UBP!! Very nice to meet you and your family!

Anonymous said...

I love your collage. What a cool idea and your grandbaby is a doll!

Nithya said...

Carolee, I wish I could have participated in the blog event but the week being so hectic, I've barely been able to get to my laptop.
The pond and the area that your property is situated on is beautiful. I'm sure it's extraordinarily pretty in fall. I live in Texas, so fall colors are a rarity here.